This sample thank you email after a job interview will help you learn how to structure a follow-up email.
A thank you email can make the difference between receiving a job offer or not.
Job interviews can be very stressful at times and performing well during one, might make you forget to send an email thanking the interviewer for an interview.
This is one mistake that can cost you getting the job, in spite of performing extremely well during the interview and being a great fit.
57% of job seekers do not send a thank you email after a job interview, according to Career Builder.
How to Write a Thank You Email After a Job Interview?
One of the keys to writing an email thanking for an interview is to customize the thank you email. The below sample thank you email after a job interview is just for reference and you should not send the same email after all your job interviews.
Thank you Email do’s
- Make sure your email address is professional and includes your name and last name. Example [email protected].
- Send the thank you email within 24 hours after the job interview, preferably during working hours.
- The title should be: Thank you – position interview.
- Start by thanking the recruiter for their time.
- Customize your thank you email according to what was discussed during the job interview.
- Express your interest in the position again.
- End the thank you email by saying that you are waiting for their feedback.
- Keep it short.
- Check for spelling mistakes.
Thank you email don’ts
- Use an unprofessional email address such as [email protected].
- Send the thank you email at odd hours.
- Not include an appropriate title.
- Not customize the body of the email.
- Be overly friendly/casual.
- Be very generic.
- Not emphasize your interest in the position.
- Make it only about you.
- Write a very long email.
- Have spelling mistakes.
Sample Thank you Email After a Job Interview
Sample Thank You Email Key Takeaway
Remember to always keep it simple and always customize your email or letter according to what was discussed during the interview.
Related content to Sample Thank You Email:
- Things you need to do in your first week at a new job
- How to Write a Professional Looking CV
- Things You Need to Do Before Submitting Your CV
- 15 Most Common Interview Questions and How to Answer Them
- How to Make Sure You Get an Offer after Any Job Interview
- The best questions to ask at the end of a job interview